Do you have a foreign diploma and do you want to enroll in regular education in the Netherlands?

You should contact the school, university of applied science or university of your choice directly. These organisations can apply for a credential evaluation at SBB or Nuffic. The educational institute decides whether you can or cannot be admitted and if you possibly can get exemptions for certain elements of the study.

SBB and Nuffic issue their advice to the educational institute, and not to yourself.

The schedule below shows which organisation you should contact.

Type of education Educational institute
general secondary education (vmbo, havo, vwo) Schools for vmbo, havo and vwo
senior secondary vocational education (mbo) ROC, AOC or vocational college
higher professional education (hbo) University of applied science
university / scientific education University

Do you want to apply for a credential evaluation yourself? You can find more information at the Application and procedure page.

Do you want to enroll at a private institute?
The service as mentioned above does not apply for study programmes at private educational institutes. In that case, the educational institute or yourself has to apply for a credential evaluation at a charge.